Statements by Our Leaders...
The Louisiana Mutual UFO Network newsletter for Nov-Dec 1992 contained an article, "Authoritative Quotes Hint at UFO Secrets Government Can't Tell. The article said that in 1950 President Harry Truman is quoted as saying, "I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth."
Dr. Herman Oberth, father of modern rocketry, is quoted as saying in 1954, " (UFOs) are conceived and directed by intelligent beings. They probably do not originate in our solar system." Years later he was quoted as saying, "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone. We have been helped." When asked by whom, he replied, "The people of other worlds."
Then Dr. Werner von Braun, reflecting on the deflection of the US June 2 rocket from orbit in 1959, stated, "We find ourselves faced by powers which are far stronger than we had hitherto assumed, and whose base is at present unknown to us. More I cannot say at present. We are now engaged in entering into closer contact with those powers, and in six or nine months time it may be possible to speak with some precision on the matter."
Both President Ford and President Carter spoke about UFOs before being elected but failed to shed further light on the subject after becoming president.
In 1985, in December, while addressing high-school students in Fallstan, Maryland, President Reagan recalled his recent conversation with Gorbachev. Reagan said, "I couldn't help but say to [Gorbachev] how easy his task and mine might be if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences and find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this Earth.
Again, in September, 1987, in a speech before the entire UN General Assembly, Reagan said, "Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize the common bond that unites all humanity. How quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask you, is not an alien threat already among us?"
More recently, according to USA Today and other newspapers, Henry Kissinger, in an address to the Bilderbergers meeting at Evian, France on 21 May 1992, stated, "Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all the peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing that every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government." It seems evident to me that some of our leaders know a lot that many people are not ready to hear. Perhaps our alien visitors can decide who is ready for the truth and who is not. Perhaps it is a matter of individual choice."
The Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control...
The Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control by William M. Kramer, Ph.D. and Charles W. Bahme, J.D. is a totally serious book found in fire and police department libraries across the nation. In June 1993 a new chapter (pp 458-473) was added to this book. Bahme had seen the UFOs over Los Angeles on 26 Aug 1942 that were attacked by ground defenses which killed nine people. During the Korean War he was Security Coordinator for the Chief of Naval Operations. The Guide is published by the Delaware State Fire School and made available through the Fire Engineering Book Service, 800-752-9768.
The first half of the chapter is about The UFO Threat A Fact. There are sections under the following headings: UFO Discussion Why now?, UFO Background Information, UFOs What are They?, UFO Classification System, Shapes of UFOs, History of UFOs, UFO Organizations, Why the Secrecy?, and UFO Missions.
The second part is an Adverse Potential of UFOs, with sections on:
SOURCE : CUFON Computer UFO Network
SUBJECT: Unidentified Flying Objects
POSSIBLE FORGOTTEN OR UNKNOWN INFORMATION1. I can assure you the flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth. President Harry S. Truman - Press conference, Washington DC, April 4, 1950.
2. Based upon unreliable and unscientific surmises as data, the Air Force develops elaborate statistical findings which seem impressive to the uninitiated public unschooled in the fallacies of the statistical method. One must conclude that the highly publicized Air Force pronouncements based upon unsound statistics serve merely to misrepresent the true character of the UFO phenomena. Yale Scientific Magazine (Yale University) Volume XXXVII, Number 7, April 1963
3. I feel that the Air Force has not been giving out all the available information on the Unidentified Flying Objects. You cannot disregard so many unimpeachable sources. John W. McCormack, Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States. January 1965
4. I have absolutely no idea where the UFO's come from or how they are operated, but after ten years of research, I know they are something from outside our atmosphere. Dr. James E. McDonald, Professor of Atmospheric physics, University of Arizona. 1967.
5. I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. Another words we are being watched by beings from outer space. Albert M. Chop, deputy public relations director, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and former United States Air Force spokesman for Project Blue Book.
6. The least improbable explanation is that these things (UFO's) are artificial and controlled. My opinion for some time has been that they have an extraterrestrial origin. Dr. Maurice Bilot, one of the world's leading aerodynamicists and mathematical physicists. Life, April 7, 1952
7. Of course the flying saucers are real and they are interplanetary. Air Chief Marshal Lord Dowding, commanding officer of the Royal Air Force of Great Britain, August 1954
Dale D. Goudie, Director Of CUFON.